Maria Teresa Benedetto, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
Dr. Benedetto has a wide range of experiences and varied interests in clinical medicine and research, which translates to a passion for providing her patients with excellent and individualized care. She was instrumental in developing and expanding gynecologic care for women with special needs through the Initiative for Women with Disabilities. She also has a special devotion to adolescent patients. As part of the faculty at NYU School of Medicine, Dr. Benedetto is actively involved in training medical students and residents and has received numerous teaching awards. She has published numerous journal articles, abstracts and books on mechanisms that trigger labor, the effect of immune system stimulants on uterine cancer, and hormone receptor activity in uterine and breast cancer. Dr. Benedetto speaks Italian and Spanish.
- Professional Education and Training
- Medical School, Residency and Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart School of Medicine (Italy)
- Research Fellowship, Mount Sinai School of Medicine (New York)
- Residency, NYU School of Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Member, New York Gynecological Society